contacting immigration dept.

Closed Thread

Question contacting immigration dept.

I am currently in the UK awaiting approval of my work visa application. If I call the immigration department in HK will I be able to get information on the status of my application?

Thanks

If you have an application reference number. But better might be to email them [email protected]

However, their standard advice is that unless there is an unusual special case, hassling for progress reports is likely to slow the process down...

Thanks

A law company in HK is dealing with my application but they are not particularly helpful and getting information from them on the progress of my application is proving very difficult.

Anyway I guess it it will be approved when it's approved so not point worrying about it

anonymous enquiries are typically answered quickly and politely, very informative.

don't know about times when you identify yourself, but since HK's the nicest immig service i've seen to date, i doubt they'l lbe vindictive or anything.

Before I got my employment visa, I called immigration from Spore and they were to tell me the progress of my application. Told me to call back in 3 days but me being impatient, I called back in 2 days and was told that my visa was approved.