Overystayed Holliday VISA

Closed Thread

Overystayed Holliday VISA

Somebody please help i think im in deep doo doo. Im and aussie currently staying in hongkong on hollidays. I got a visa to travel to shenzen to reset my visa but something came up and i wasnt able to go. I then somehow stupidly forgot that the main reason i was going to travel there was to reset my visa. Now im 3 months past my holliday VISA. When i go to try to get another VISA to go to china will i be stopped at the hongkong side and dragged away and shot. Im scared that the visa place might also take my passport due to it not being reset. Any help ASAP would be great.

PS tryed to ring hong kong governtment visa place but the numbers on the site just dont seem to work. Was going to go visit them but scared they might put my in detention........

Last edited by jay2002aus; 04-09-2006 at 09:53 AM.

Try not to drop the soap in the showers...

you will most likely be asked to leave the country. and put on a black-list of over-stayers...so returniing may become an issue in the future.

You are in deep doo doo sorry. However, unless you want a permanent life as an illegal then your only option is to surrender yourself. Prison is very unlikely. Go to the Australian Consulate and explain your situation. They will tell you what to do which will involve speaking to immigration and likely a court appearance. You will need to explain what you have been doing for the last three months so have a good story ready. If anyone has been giving you accomodation knowing you were illegal they are also in deep trouble so keep this in mind when you are talking to immigration. PM me if you want.

I don't want to scare you, but there is a possibility that they will not allow you to stay in Hong Kong and ask you to return to your home country. And if you are really, really unlucky you will not be allowed to enter Hong Kong for a few months as penalty.

IMO, you should try to contact the immigration department as soon as possible. The longer you hide the worse it gets. Good luck, mate.

hullexile's advice is probably the best .. talk to your consulate before you talk to immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by dicesix:
    I don't want to scare you, but there is a possibility that they will not allow you to stay in Hong Kong and ask you to return to your home country. And if you are really, really unlucky you will not be allowed to enter Hong Kong for a few months as penalty.

IMO, you should try to contact the immigration department as soon as possible. The longer you hide the worse it gets. Good luck, mate.
    I think the normal is two years. A few days or a couple of weeks you would get away with it and just be asked to leave without penalty, but three months and they tend to take a sterner line I think. However they are not monsters and are generally friendly enough about it all if you surrender rather than being caught.