Like Tree9Likes

im searching for an employer to sponsor my GF for working permit

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jaderoycatague:
    hahahah.... nice one... but we dont have any choice her brother and mother is settling there .... her brother is a doctor there and her mother is a nurse so she doesnt have a choice but to follow thr footsteps...
    This is a grown woman of marriageable age????? Why the heck do you think she needs to move to the USA with her parents?

ughhh...its so sad that everyone thinks US streets are paved with gold, and houses built with ginger bread....but not surprising coming from an adult who cant live her own life

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    ughhh...its so sad that everyone thinks US streets are paved with gold, and houses built with ginger bread....but not surprising coming from an adult who cant live her own life
    It's all relative to where you come from though isn't it? Philippine TV is always showing people who have made it rich in the US and then they will all know someone who comes back relatively well off so it is not surprising they want to go. In this case she could stay as a nurse on US$ 200 a month in the Philippines or go to the US and earn I would imagine just a little bit more than that.

Perhaps it might have to do with pay. A job here in HK as a registered nurse works out at about HK$100-HK110 per hour up (or US$13-14 per hour). In the US you are looking at least double this amount, with far lower housing costs, and 25% income tax only on roughly the last quarter of your salary. Even better for the Philippine nurse is that she doesn't have to learn Cantonese and Putonghua.

Perhaps there is a rational decision being made here, complete with a network or relatives who can help her find a nice unionized job.

> Job Card
    http://www.payscale.com/research/US/...N)/Hourly_Rate

Last edited by fth; 16-08-2010 at 05:19 PM.

....let's hope she gets a good job in a PRIVATE hospital then, not a public clinic with shootings and bashings of the staff.....

My point was why not the UK, or Canada, or Australia, or New Zealand, or Ireland etc?

There is not much public provision of healthcare in the US, perhaps indirectly through the state universities and the Veterans' hospital network. Most violence will occur within the Emergency Room / A&E equivalent. Not all nurses in a hospital work there.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    My point was why not the UK, or Canada, or Australia, or New Zealand, or Ireland etc?
    And where are many UK nurses moving to? Yup the US. There is plenty of staff bashing on Saturday nights in a UK A&E unit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Well Ireland is currently going down the pan, pay is much better in the US, and her family are there already with good jobs. Why go somewhere else? You know as well as anyone how important family is to Filipinos.

some provinces in canada actively recruit nurses from PH....