ABC Applying for ROA - and PRC Issues

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

H1/K1/K2/S1 etc.- Immigration office at which the HKID card was issued

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The card is invalid.

On the old style cards the M for Male went there if I recall correctly.

Otherwise A="Right of Abode", X=born on mainland, but curiously no right to a HK re-entry permit since no ***.

In any case, the card is now invalid, as claire states.

but even if the card is invalid, the person's residential status and rights may still be preserved? they just need to apply for a new card and give a reasonable excuse for missing the deadline under the replacement exercise

Invalidation of old identity cards:

The invalidation of old identity cards will not affect the holder’s right of abode in Hong Kong unless the holder has lost his permanent resident status under the Immigration Ordinance, Cap. 115, Laws of Hong Kong
    this person has right of abode (A), so even though this card is invalid, it should not affect his rights to live in Hong Kong? Although I don't know if he might be downgraded to right to land (R); depends if he has lost his PR status under Cap 115?

Whether or not a card is valid or invalid has nothing to do with what rights that person has.

If the person is Chinese, he should have *** which means ROA would never be lost (that wasn't there). But if this person isn't Chinese, then he'll lose ROA if he hasn't been in HK at least once every 3 years.

i submitted the form early july and got a confirmation letter that they've recieved my application on july 11.

i haven't received any other letter or information from them since then. should it take this long? it says on the letter not to call and ask about the application...

You certainly shouldn't chase them within the first two months. And there's probably not much value in chasing them at all. When they are ready with some questions or a decision they will let you know.

Probably best to wait until you get a letter requesting further information etc....
    Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7