Query on a Procedure for HK On arrival Visa

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Indian Passport holders need a visa ..
    Not in advance but on arrival which allows a stay of 14 days . .

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Semantics I know, NF, but I wouldn't call that a visa. Nor does HKSAR government, for that matter - see "visa-free period" in Imm Dept table in paragraph 12 of http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas_4.htm. 14-day entry is granted in the same manner in the same queue by the same officer as for a visitor eligible for a 90-day stay.

Usually a visa on arrival refers to a separate procedure of applying for and getting a visa from a special counter after arriving and then moving on to immigration queue. As we see happen with some in Bangkok, Lowu and the Macau entry-point into Zhuhai.

When I arrived, they didn't ask me a single question and I only had a one-way ticket (my visa was with my boss in HK). They stamped it and sent me on my way......maybe this was lucky.

Getting the train to Central couldn't be easier - the ticket sellers grabbed me as soon as I collected my luggage!

Best of Luck for the interview

Quote Originally Posted by goodbye kitty:
    Getting the train to Central couldn't be easier - the ticket sellers grabbed me as soon as I collected my luggage!
    Er, what? Who are these "ticket sellers"? There is a counter in the middle of the arrivals hall which sells tickets, plus a number of machine and also a desk on the platform... Anything else is distinctly dodgy.

"Anything else is distinctly dodgy"

Well they gave me a ticket and it got me to HK!

Not dodgy at all....just that the women behind the desk were right at the exit door and they spotted my frightened expat face and came over to see if I wanted a ticket. I'd call this good customer service actually.

If they were uniformed MTR employees then no problem at all. If they were just some random person then they could well be doing some dodgy, illegal, resale of discounted tickets, which is best avoided.

query regarding visa on arrival in hong kong for an indian passport holder

what documents are needed for a visa on arrival in hong kong for an indianpassport holder

From The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department

5. Visitors are required to have adequate funds to cover the duration of their stay without working and, unless in transit to the Mainland of China or the region of Macau, to hold onward or return tickets.
    Credit cards and/or cash satisfy the first requirement. The second is obvious. In general, you get a 14 day visa with these alone.