Like Tree1Likes

Future in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    a)
    c) If he choses to complete proper teaching certification after his degree, whatever he studied will help him find work teaching in this area

The better job is really the one that he wants to do...It's his life, his choice
    Absolutely. Hugo85 is misinformed. In Canada, to complete a proper teaching certification you go to Teacher's College which usually takes 2 years (may depend on province, not sure) after your BA, which can be in any subject. Not sure if a BA is a firm requisite, but Teacher's College requires 4 years of prior post secondary study, which equals a BA in Canada or the US. So in effect, to become a 'real' teacher, most Canadians study for 6 years after high school.
    Last edited by Char Siu King; 24-08-2010 at 11:15 AM.

I know in Ontario you can get a BEd in 1 year, not sure about the other provinces. It's always good to have extra options open though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairball:
    I know in Ontario you can get a BEd in 1 year, not sure about the other provinces. It's always good to have extra options open though.
    Yeah, not sure about it per province. In Alberta I had friends who all did it in 2 years. Maybe they were just a bit slow.