Hkid Help

Closed Thread

Hkid Help

Hello

I'm planning on applying for ROA eligibility in Hk under 2(c) of the immigration ordinance. I was chinese nationality born overseas to a chinese citizen with the right of abode.
    Under all the rules I've read, I think I qualify.

However my mom didn't have time to pick up the actual Hkid card
    the last time she was in Hk. They had to mail her eligibility to one
    of our aunts. HER "Verification of Eligibility"(ROP 145) FORM was approved.

Since her eligibility HAS been APPROVED on FORM145

The question is:
    Do you think Hk immigration will allow to use this FORM as opposed to the Hkid card for documents to be submitted for MY OWN application? I don't want her to come all the way back to Hk
    just to pick it up. I've tried calling HK immigration enquiries but
    they can't give me a definite answer since the decisions are made by the Immg Officer. Any suggestions? Thanx

I think you'll need your mom's actual Permanent Identity Card. When I went, they were pretty strict about not having certain documents like landing papers showing that we resided in Canada and old Hong Kong passports showing my parent's status.

If your mom immediately brought the approved form for verification to the Immigration Tower, she can get a temporary HKPIC right away which is valid for a month. I think they would take that no problem.

I think you may try using your mother's verification form.

but anyway, you should make sure that (i) you are a Chinese citizen (given you were born overseas), and (ii) one of your parents (e.g. your mother) is also a Chinese citizen.

Alternatively, if you are OVERSEAS, you may apply for
    (i) a HKSAR passport- you'll be issued with the passport together with a temporary HKID card
    (ii) or a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode of the HKSAR
    (These applications should be made through Chinese diplomatic/consular misssions stationed overseas)