working visa - changing employer

Closed Thread
  1. #1

    Arrow working visa - changing employer


    I've got a working visa, which my current employer sponsored. Now I just received a better offer from another company and would like to join them.

    Do I have to inform the immigration?
    Is there any minimum time that I have to 'serve' with my current employer (I've only been working there for 6 month)

    Thanks for your help!!

  2. #2


    If you do change employers then you will have to apply for change of sponsorship for your employment visa. You cannot work for the new employer on your current employment visa.

    Of course if you have only had an employment visa for a short period of time then the immigration department may ask some questions with regards to this.

  3. #3

    Thank you, Emigra!!!