Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Fiona in HKG
  • 1 Post By fth
  • 1 Post By shri

Closed Thread - Dependent Visa for Gay Couples

Closed Thread

Closed Thread - Dependent Visa for Gay Couples

I know you closed this, Shri, but I just want to let people know that they should continue to come here.

My parents came to these shores in the early 50's, no expat terms, no special consideration. My dad went to work for a local company and we lived in very local areas (once above a brother in Wanchai and another time directly below the flight path of the old airport, in Kowloon City). We went to local schools. We even moved to Macau for a few years for the cheaper cost of living and I can still remember that to our names (parents, an 8, 6 and 2 year old) we had a crib, three suitcases and one red bucket with our name marked on it!

Hong Kong is, and always will be, hopefully, a place where hard work can get you somewhere. And it is also where those who succeed are not afraid of that hard work. People here want to get ahead, they don't settle. And Hong Kong offers up loads of opportunities.

I've been here almost all my life (apart from two short stints away that just left me straining at the reins to return). I love Hong Kong and it's my home.

Do not pay any attention to that old (drama) queen spouting off about being hard done by because noone is left to look after him and keep him in a manner to which he became accustomed. If you are geared up to stand on your own two feet, no matter your relationship (whether it's same sex or heterosexual), Hong Kong will welcome you.

Hong Kong has heaps to offer everyone, you just have to go out there with your eyes and heart open, ready to experience a great city - with yes, some faults - but a great city with great people and great opportunities.

Sadly, bougainville has decided to blind himself to the real Hong Kong.

That's it from me.

bookblogger, jimbo, jaykay and 1 others like this.

I think the quote from Carl Jung is appropriate for BV

We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it presses.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

The guy was winding people up. Crossed a few lines with his last post and kept on going. Anyways .. problem fixed. Lets shut this down.

jaykay likes this.