Like Tree9Likes

Frequent visitor queue at the airport?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Yes, although you can already do that in the normal immigration line, as long as you are a tourist.

No it is a tourist entrance visa, its valid for one entry. When you come back as a tourist you can get another 6 months.

I dont know immigartion status for other countries. BUT UK passport holders get 6 months visisor visa entrance to Hong Kong. Every country is diffrent.

This sticker is no different than going thorugh normal immigration as a tourist, it just speeds up the formalities.

Just UK, most of the rest of Europe is 90 days. If you leave after 2 months you will need another sticker when you come in.

I used to have this a few years back, couldn't use any electronic means to get in back then but there was a dedicated immigration counter which was always empty. Super convenient especially when the flight that get's in before yours does is full of new domestic helpers!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Is the six month visa the same for all EU passport holders or just the UK?
    The 180-day visitor visa is only for UK passports. EU passport holders get 90 days.

Thanks for the information,

Standing in those endless lines would make it well worth it for frequent visitors.

The big difference is no one has to look at your passport on arrival so you wouldn't also I assume have to fill in the arrival form, which is also always a bit of a nuisance.

Correct. No landing cards

I'm going to try and apply, or register next time I come in. I have an EU passport.

Thanxs

Passenger Guide - Arrivals - Airport Services / Facilities - Frequent Visitor Channel - Hong Kong International Airport

All the info is here. If you have 3 stamps in past 12 months, you can photocopy your passport and stamps and apply online. They will post you the card.

Once you have the card, then next time in HK you can register to use the echannel.

How do they flag travellers doing visa runs (which I assume this makes possible)?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    How do they flag travellers doing visa runs (which I assume this makes possible)?
    The length of time between arrival and departure?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    The length of time between arrival and departure?
    Does that keep the traveller locked inside the booth whilst an immigration officer is alerted and on the way?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast