Dependant Visa to Hong Kong wife.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Dependant Visa to Hong Kong wife.

After studying http://legalref.judiciary.gov.hk for the last few hours, I have read that quite a few people have failed their Dependant Visa applications.

In their Affidavits, the people have stated that they are married to a Hong Kong person and intend to eventually work. In most cases the person stated their potential plans and all failed. The judgment by the director clearly stated that working may not form any part of the objective, and the Dependency visa can only be granted if the primary objective for staying in Hong Kong is to take the natural niche of a family and remain Dependant by the sponsor.

Other people have failed because their was not enough money as support on $13,000HKD/month. I would have thought this is quite a lot.

Did any applicant on this forum write an Affidavit? I have not read anyone's post on this forum who has written a statement of why they wish to move to hong kong. I'm assuming the Sponsor needs to write an affidavit stating that they will fully support the applicant.

My sample Affidavit goes like this:

I hereby declare my application for a Dependant visa. I wish to remain in Hong Kong to start a family and to continue our married relationship. My wife XXXX will support me and I will remain Dependant on her in Hong Kong.
    I have not made mention of work or business. These people on http://legalref.judiciary.gov.hk unnecessarily incriminated themselves.

I am now paranoid after reading all these cases. My fiancee has been living with me overseas for 2 years, though we will move to Hong Kong in December and be married on 24/12/2006. Her uncle will write an employment letter (offer letter) as he owns 2 businesses in Tsim Sha Tsui.

I have investigated and require the supporting documentation:

1) A photocopy of my passport main page, and visa stamp page
    2) Letter of support from wife stating she will provide everything for me.
    3) Overseas Joint-Bank statements 2 years. Around $300,000HKD
    4) Photocopy of the wife's Hong Kong ID card
    5) Letter of employment (sponsor)
    6) House contract - She shares joint ownership of her flat in Tuen Mun with her parents having her name on the ownership agreement.
    7) Marriage contract
    8) Wedding pictures, and many others in Sydney, Canberra, Guangzhou, many full family pictures
    9) Previous shared air-fare tickets to Hong Kong
    10) Overseas rental agreements to show relationship
    Last edited by mil; 05-11-2006 at 05:32 AM.

Prima facie, you appear to have everything in order - all they are worried about is "marriages of convenience" where foreigners marry a local with whom they have spent hardly any time in order simply to get permission to work in Hong Kong. Since you have been living together for two years and have the evidence to prove it I would be astonished if you had any difficulty at all with your application.

thanks for replying.

is the Affidavits only needed if you fail?

Should 2 Affidavits (1 from me and 1 from the sponsor) be written on application submission?

thanks.

You don't need affidavits -- i.e. sworn on documents.

Submit what is stated as required in the forms.

me and my wife will move to HK next year , and she will sponsor me to remain there. if we have joint savings of about 3 million hk dollars can we get away with the sponor 's evidence of employment stuffs? or she needs to secure something( jobs ) in HK before she can sponsor me? that website scared the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by pcor529:
    me and my wife will move to HK next year , and she will sponsor me to remain there. if we have joint savings of about 3 million hk dollars can we get away with the sponor 's evidence of employment stuffs? or she needs to secure something( jobs ) in HK before she can sponsor me? that website scared the hell out of me.
    My husband was in your situation. When we applied for his dependent pass, we brought, a copy of my employment letter, a photocopy of my employment pass (I got mine before applying for his dependent pass) a copy of our marriage cert and that was about it. No bank statements...

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith:
    My husband was in your situation. When we applied for his dependent pass, we brought, a copy of my employment letter, a photocopy of my employment pass (I got mine before applying for his dependent pass) a copy of our marriage cert and that was about it. No bank statements...
    hi sunniefaith. so does it mean that my wife needs to get a job first before she can sposnor me?? what if she can't find anything and at the same time my visitor's visa runs out?? can we use our savings instead of waiting for her getting a job?

Quote Originally Posted by pcor529:
    hi sunniefaith. so does it mean that my wife needs to get a job first before she can sposnor me?? what if she can't find anything and at the same time my visitor's visa runs out?? can we use our savings instead of waiting for her getting a job?
    Well, that's what I understood it to be. Not sure about using savings to get a visa here. I've never done that before.

Hello Mil,
    I think that you have enough supporting documents to apply as dependant. However, if the Immigration needs more documents, then they will let you know during your interview.
    Good luck

Exclamation i got married in hong kong

hi everyone
    can someone tell me if is possible to work with a dependent visa or resident visa,and hk id card?
    I have been with my wife for 3 years and now we are recently married in hk.
    i have been to the immigration and i have another appointment in 2 weeks time where i have to show all the proves pics ,bank stat,a letter from me with our story ect..
    I find the job here in hk but i am worry that i would not be able to work with the dependant visa.
    please let me know if i should do something alse.,
    or i dont have to worry!
    thank you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast