My Wife in HK Chinese, can I get a work visa?

My Wife in HK Chinese, can I get a work visa?

Dear Geoexpat people my wife is HK Chinese and we wish to move to HK, we are uncertain if we can obtain a work visa for me immediately or if I have to wait until my wife has a job. Can someone offer advice?

PS, I am a Kiwi and would love to get to know more Kiwi's and Aussies in Honkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbie:
    Dear Geoexpat people my wife is HK Chinese and we wish to move to HK, we are uncertain if we can obtain a work visa for me immediately or if I have to wait until my wife has a job. Can someone offer advice?

PS, I am a Kiwi and would love to get to know more Kiwi's and Aussies in Honkies.
    Gidday Webbie,
    I'm a Kiwi too! Be good to meet up sometime.
    On the work visa - I can't tell you but am told that the immigration people are really helpful. Do a search on "dependant visa"
    It seems you may be right. One thread says that your wife must be able to support you (probably not the other way around).

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/showth...dependant+visa

good luck!!!
    PS be prepared to face to challenges of job-hunting - unless you are fortunate enough to have niche skills

I believe you are best to wait until she has a job and can show that she is able to support you.

This is the way we did it(I too am married to a permie resident) and we had absolutely no problems getting DV for the rest of us (me and the two kids).