visa and home

Lightbulb visa and home

Dear Friends,

I am a dutch product designer with the goal to create amazing products with chinese producers. Therefore I need to come to Hong Kong. I will quit my current job at the end of the year. . Can anybody advise on the possibility on hireing an appartment and getting phone/internet acces only on a tourist visum? (Sarting a HK limited is at this moment too complicated as I am undertaking this enterprise alone, with a second mortgage as my financial backup)

If anybody knows anybody who owns an appartment in HK and wants to swap for a while this would also be a solution. My appartment is 10 from amsterdam centre by tram, 65m2, completely renovated, central heating, phone/wlan access, fully furnished, and a garden of 60 m2. ideal for singles and young couples.(this sounds funny, but is true... ask my ex girlfriend )

thanks!
    Dan

Hello,

You will be able to get a landline telephone and broadband. Cell phones would be prepaid, or some companies allow deposits for monthly plans.

But as for renting you will need to get a hotel or service appt. You are not able to do private rentals without HK ID.

Well, that's not toatlly true - there is no legal restriction on you being able to rent without an ID: it is simply a matter for discssion between you and the landlord. I have no doubt that if, for example, you offered to pay 12 months rent in cash up front you would have no difficyulty at all renting an apartment.

Hi hkc, thanks for your input.
    Dan

Hi PDLM, you too thanks for the info, good tip. its all about having as little risk as possible right?