Re-entry problem

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Re-entry problem

My bf (Korean) is staying with me in HK with a tourist visa for about 9 months. Every 3 months before his visa expired, we will go for travel or he will go back to korea .
    Last month when he came back from China with his friend, he was stopped by immigration and the staff there call me also. They asked me why he say here for so long, my ID and address for reference.
    Since we are going for another trip at the end of this month, is there any problem for him to re-entry HK? Will they got any record so he can not entry HK again? As he planned to stay for 1 more year and we will go to Korea together, will it be better for me to pass immigration with him together when we come back?

It is not going to make much a difference if you pass with him or not.

Basically, he'd at some point need to apply for a long term visa of some sort ..

He may get a visa next year. But by the time he want to stay with me before he can get his visa.
    So would it be a problem for him to enter HK again? Will they got any record about him?

They tend to ask more questions the longer the person stays in HK. At some point they could refuse him a lengthy stay and just give him a few days. I would go for a visa if I was you - why not?

Thank you for reply. My concern is no matter what he is going to get a visa next year but he need to stay here with me before his visa issue. Since we are going for trip and he was being asked by Immigration last month, I am worrying he can not come back to HK coz they have record in it.(I am not sure last time when they call me will they leave any record in their sys. or not).

Unless he has done something else wrong, they won't stop him from entering. What they will do at some point is say "this is the last time you may enter like this - after this you will not be allowed to re-enter HK for X months" (where x seems to be 6-9). They may also make the entry on this last occasion valid for only 7 or 14 days in order simply for him to get his things together and leave.

The better solutions are a long-term visa of some sort (but that can't go on for very long if it is just an extended tourist visa), or that you get married.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ624:
    Thank you for reply. My concern is no matter what he is going to get a visa next year but he need to stay here with me before his visa issue. Since we are going for trip and he was being asked by Immigration last month, I am worrying he can not come back to HK coz they have record in it.(I am not sure last time when they call me will they leave any record in their sys. or not).
    Hi JJ624 -

Have you taken your trip yet? Just curious how it worked out since I may be in the same situation as your bf.

Anyone have any suggestions on not raising red flags.

Thanks.

Yes, we were back from our trip.
    Since I asked him to renew and changed his passport in Korea, he got no problem to enter the immigration.
    Thanks for everybody's advise!!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ624:
    Yes, we were back from our trip.
    Since I asked him to renew and changed his passport in Korea, he got no problem to enter the immigration.
    Thanks for everybody's advise!!
    Thanks for the info.... Getting a new passport... that's an idea since the passport number changes and there are no stamps. I'll file it away.

Only works once though - your home passport authority will get very suspicious if you "lose" more than one passport, and they only expire every 5 years or when the pages are full of stamps.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast