Canadian citizen with perm HKID - travel to PRC and Japan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

What you need to get is a home visit card which lasts 10 years. You then can enter China with HKID AND home visit card.

Thanks timklip for the clarification on how Hong Kongese breeze through customs in PRC and the rest of us get in a huge lineups to get through customs.
    Do PRC citizens have a similar option, to breeze through custom?

Quote Originally Posted by paulseto:
    Thanks timklip for the clarification on how Hong Kongese breeze through customs in PRC and the rest of us get in a huge lineups to get through customs.
    Do PRC citizens have a similar option, to breeze through custom?
    At the risk of appearing pedantic, it is immigration that you are talking about not customs.

Thank you.. Immigrations that you breeze through.

PRC residents have their own PRC ID card, similar to HKID, and I assume it would work the same way...

I'm sure he meant immigration...everyone I know in Canada calls it 'customs' and the people working there 'customs officers'...but yes, to be entirely accurate, it is immigration...

I'm a Transportation Manager for a van lines company that transports freight, cargo, personal goods in and out of Canada. I deal with Canada, U.S., Mexico Customs and Immigrations on a daily basis and therefore, interchange immigrations (people) with customs (goods) in my vocabulary without thinking. Our company is one of a few that has the authorization to fast track clearing of goods for returning Canadians. We are one of a few companies that move American goods into Cuba.

Prior, to my current position I managed a software company in Canada, who's owner was in PRC. I would fly out and meet with other staff members from PRC in Europe, USA and other cities within Canada for trade shows. So our company was responsible to provide the deposit for staff member to leave the PRC.

BryanL said I seem to be going through alot to save a few buck. Trust me, that is not the case.

What I am doing is trying obtain knowledge, to find OPTIONS, loopholes, fast track, whatever, you want to call it to travel freely in China (if that is possible), if I have ROA in Hong Kong.

I am forevever FIRST a Proud Canadian and would never surrender that right.

Again, thanks for info!!!

Well in Canada, there is a merged agency called the Canada Border Services Agency, which does both immigration and customs clearance for travellers. The term now is "border services officer", but they often get referred to as "customs officers". It's the same thing in the US.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4