The Visa Run

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It's not a great deal of tax though...

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> FINALLY came through last week

Welcome to the league of tax payers.

I am an American (dont penalize me for my place of birth). Need a China business visa and am currently in HK on a tourist visa (extended once already). Can an American get a business visa to China here in HK? Heard conflicting information. Also am I correct to get the one year multiple visit business visa I need to apply to 2 shorter term business visas first and then leave the China to get it? With HK not being a place to get the extended one? The reason leaving China to do this is not desierable is the US offers a 330 day physical presence test (out of foreign country) for taxation (get an exclusion on income). I have several months of credit being in HK already and would like not to have to return to the US to apply for the first one and subsequent extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith:
    Hubby got his under 2 weeks
    Under two weeks for a work visa? I'm being quoted about two months, damn, that's just not fair !!

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Under two weeks for a work visa? I'm being quoted about two months, damn, that's just not fair !!
    That was his dependant pass actually. I know a friend that got her working visa in like 5 days. But we work for EMB so maybe some strings were pulled and calls were made...The recommended wait time is actually about 2 months.

My dependent visa took around 4 weeks or so... From what I'd heard, that was standard... I did the "visa run" on Wednesday (and threw up in the ferry!!) - it was all very simple, although Macau was wet and miserable that day