Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MXZ
  • 1 Post By jaykay

HKG Birth Certificate/HKSAR Passport, How SOON?

Closed Thread

HKG Birth Certificate/HKSAR Passport, How SOON?

Hi people,

Does anyone know how soon the hospital will transmit the baby's name to Immi Dept, so that I can go and complete the registration of birth and apply for a HKSAR passport for him/her?

I am aware that I can book the registration slot on the net, but obvious the registration can only happen after the names have been transmitted across.

The website also says that I will be able to apply for a HKG re-entry permit and a HKSAR passort immediately after the birth registration. Has anyone actually done this? If so, can you please recommend a place for us to have the babies photo taken?

Many thanks in advance.

Supposed to take about three days. IMMD website updates at midnight (literally) so for extra speed, try in the early hours of the morning

For passport photos, I would highly recommend what I did:

http://membrey.hk/2009/11/08/awesome...ssport-photos/

I did not use the HKSAR passport + certificate but other people seemed to be doing it. My son was registered in Admiralty - right next door to pacific place.

Last edited by MXZ; 22-09-2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: more details
    Yoshi-san likes this.

Many thanks for the speedy reply.

The info on the photo is *REALLY* appreciated.

We will have to do the registration at Yau-Ma-Tei as the baby will be born in Kowloon. So, yep will definitely try to pre-book an early morning slot.

Usually pretty quick. Birth registration can usually be done within a week. For HKSAR passport and HKID application forms can be downloaded and appointment booked online. For that you'll need the birth cert and either the HKSAR passport or ID card of the qualifying parent for establishment of Chinese citizenship.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Yoshi-san likes this.