please advise on my situation

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

please advise on my situation

I am a dependent visa holder currently in Taiwan, my home town, with my wife, a permanent resident of hk. I got the visa Feb this year and stayed hk for 3 months. We returned Taiwan in April and now have been absent from hk for 7 to 8 months.

I will have to get the visa extension next Jan or my visa expires. The thing is I won't have vacation in Jan next year. I wonder if the visa expires, will I be able to reapply the dependent visa again, and will they grant me a new dependent visa?

Also, do we have to be physically in hk to apply for the visa extension? And for how long?

Assuming we finish the 7 years stay in hk and apply for permanent residence, will it be difficult to get it approved if we have been absent for 6 months from hk in a year?

[QUOTE=chuliu;124453]I am a dependent visa holder currently in Taiwan, my home town, with my wife, a permanent resident of hk. I got the visa Feb this year and stayed hk for 3 months. We returned Taiwan in April and now have been absent from hk for 7 to 8 months.

I will have to get the visa extension next Jan or my visa expires. The thing is I won't have vacation in Jan next year. I wonder if the visa expires, will I be able to reapply the dependent visa again, and will they grant me a new dependent visa?

Also, do we have to be physically in hk to apply for the visa extension? And for how long?

Assuming we finish the 7 years stay in hk and apply for permanent residence, will it be difficult to get it approved if we have been absent for 6 months from hk in a year?[/QUOTE

Well it states on the visa extension paperwork, for the sponser particularly, whether you have been out of HK and for how long and why. More than 6 months usually means a new visa and a new start which to be honest is reasonable!

>
    Well it states on the visa extension paperwork, for the sponser particularly, whether you have been out of HK and for how long and why. More than 6 months usually means a new visa and a new start which to be honest is reasonable![/QUOTE]
    >
    a new visa and a new start?
    I supposed that means a failed application for visa extension?
    Will they grant me a new visa if I apply again in the future when I am determined to relocate to hk?

Thanks.

They are going to ask you why you need a dependent visa if your wife is not living in HK. If she is not living here there is no real reason for them to give you one until she is living here.

Thank you all very much.
    We went back to hkg on dec 28 and applied for the extension.
    Later, they asked by mail for some documents, including plan on residency in the future year and explanation why my sponsor has been absent from hk for more than 6 months.

We explained our situation very carefully and that we will move to hkg this year no matter how.

And they just notified me to pick up the visa endorsement in two weeks from today.

I don't recommend anyone to do like us. I should have applied for the visa only when I really wanted to relocate. But I hope by posting here my case I could help someone on this forum.

pls i want someone to here my cry, i apply for employment visa after days the refuse to give the visa. shoul i reapply again with the same imformations? will the give or refuse again. beemgal

Quote Originally Posted by beemgal:
    pls i want someone to here my cry, i apply for employment visa after days the refuse to give the visa. shoul i reapply again with the same imformations? will the give or refuse again. beemgal
    hahah, what makes you to think when you reapply with the same documents they will approve your application?

hi advisers,

pls mango33, thanks for reply but my condition is not a hahah issue. i mean now i want to apply for tourist visa with the same informations. or u can give me ur email any thats can help. i cant sleep.

hi,

yes we have heard that you are in deep heat for whatever happened. but getting so impatience with single sentence moans on this web site is not going to help you.

we have no idea why you were rejected, we have no idea what are the backgrounds, and there is no way we would have enough information to decide for you if you shld get a visa.

so you can only try and tell us. whatever has happened has happened. just have to ride it through

reply.

the immigra didnt give any reason for the rejection. thats make me feel bad. the compnay summited all the document including the contract requirement by immig but all is nothing so pls................... advise me.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast