china visa (F)

Closed Thread
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    china visa (F)

    Hi all

    Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I can't find any extremely up to date information on the China "F" visa situation in HK. My current F visa (1 year, multi entry) expires later this month. I'm currently living in Guangzhou, so I'm intending on going back to HK to renew it. My questions are:

    1) Is it possible for Australian residents to still get 1 year F visas? (all info i have is to the contrary).

    2) Has anyone been down to do this recently?

    3) What travel agents could you recommend I use?

    Thanks for any help you can provide!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2005


    I have an australian passport and have just picked up China Visa. I was informed that the new visas have a set limit of 6 months. The agency told me you can make a special application directly to the Chinese embassy.
    This has been the cheapest place I have found for the china visa and they are helpful.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hong Kong

    Sorry I don't know the answers to questions #1 and #2. Regarding question #3, you can save yourself some money if you apply directly at the Commisioner's Office of China's Foreign Ministry in Hong Kong.
    7th Floor, Lower Block, China Resources Building
    26 Harbour Road, Wan Chai
    There is an entrance to the building specifically for this visa Office, on Fleming Road near the corner of Gloucester Road. You must enter from the ground floor (not from the elevated walkways).

    If you apply though a travel agent instead, they will charge you a fee for the service that will be higher than if you apply directly.