Dependent Visa for my parents

Question Dependent Visa for my parents

Hi,

I want to keep my parents with me for 4-5 months as they are very lonely at the native country.

Just wondering if i can apply for a dependent visa for them. Like to add that My father is not dependent on me for money and He is himself self-employed.

Or is there any other way so that they can stay with me for 4-5 months.

Please help. Its urgent.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by funnie:
    Hi,

I want to keep my parents with me for 4-5 months as they are very lonely at the native country.

Just wondering if i can apply for a dependent visa for them. Like to add that My father is not dependent on me for money and He is himself self-employed.

Or is there any other way so that they can stay with me for 4-5 months.

Please help. Its urgent.

Thanks.
    Are you / your parents from Europe / EU country?
    Then it's not a big problem, they can enter the country as tourists and stay for a couple of months...

No. From India

If your are a Permanent Resident AND they are over 60 then yes. Otherwise no. See paras 40 & 41 of this document: http://www.immd.gov.hk/pdforms/id939a.pdf

after getting dependant visa for parents, does it mean they could apply for HKID?

Quote Originally Posted by rainylin:
    after getting dependant visa for parents, does it mean they could apply for HKID?
    Yes, and then after living here for 7 years they could apply for a permanent HKID.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Yes, and then after living here for 7 years they could apply for a permanent HKID.
    Thanks emx

Any person who is supposed to stay here more than 180 days must apply for HK I/C to avoid carrying passport all the time. It is free for first time. Do online booking beforehand to avoid long waiting time or missing quota at the immigration office.