Like Tree3Likes

QMAS questions - 130 points

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

This is why you need to ask. But isn't the essential meaning of "sister-in-law" that legally she has the same standing as your sister? What else could it mean?

Yep I agree PDLM, however, in the family relationship page where you fill out your parents and siblings, do we fill out our sister-in-law/brother-in-law as well? From what I gather from the form, I have a hunch that sister-in-law may not count or have equal standing as blood related siblings (just my guess but who am I to interpret their meaning!? ).

Anyhoo, it is too late for me now as I have gone for 130 points and it may be a hassle and too late to retrieve my application.

Unless you have huge numbers of non-blood relatives in HK then I really don't think having 130 or, say, 110 points is going to make much difference when the threshold is 80 points.

star-anise likes this.

I read somewhere that they will short list the candidates with high score though. So I assume if we can get more points, the more the chances for us to be placed in the high score applicant list?

Does anyone know what their high score point threshold is?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    This is why you need to ask. But isn't the essential meaning of "sister-in-law" that legally she has the same standing as your sister? What else could it mean?
    Yeap, I agree we should ask to be certain.
    I'm still waiting for IMMD's reply to my question on "parents-in-law". Should be the same whether sister or parents-in-law.

Quote Originally Posted by star-anise:
    I read somewhere that they will short list the candidates with high score though. So I assume if we can get more points, the more the chances for us to be placed in the high score applicant list?

Does anyone know what their high score point threshold is?
    I think that short listing candidates based on score will only kick in once they have more qualified candidates than places (1000 per year). At the moment the quota isn't being met so if you meet the minimum criteria you should get through. I had 115 points and got approval in principle in the last round, hopefully will have the sticker in my passport before xmas, just waiting for HK Police to issue my cert of no criminal record. You have good points, if they are not satisfied with the evidence provided they will write to you requesting more details.
    star-anise likes this.

AIP, do they send out the visa label by mail? Would have thought they give you the label on the spot once you have had your interview in HK and that they are satisfied with your documents?

Have you attended your interview in HK yet?

Hi Star Anise

I'm in HK and will have the interview once the police cert is ready (it goes straight to IMMD, they are supposed to call me when they receive it but I will call them again soon to check up). Assuming they are satisfied with everything they will issue the visa on the spot. Will update you on the progress when I've been for the interview. From friends who have applied it seems it is not really an interview just a review of documents.

Hi AIP, can't believe they take that long to produce your police clearance cert. Average turn around time for Australian Federal Police was 15 days max.

Good luck with your up-coming interview and do keep us informed.

Are you by any chance working within the building industry?

Police told me it takes up to 4 weeks. They don't tell you whether it has been issued or not. I've already got my other ones, from the other countries where I lived.

No idea why it takes so long, I expected them to input my ID number into the computer and give me the cert on the spot.

I don't work in the building industry but I occasionally do some business development with companies in that industry.