what documents are all needed?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

OIC - Taiwan is different again... easier than the mainland, but I'm not sure of the exact details. Why don't you email immigration at [email protected] and ask them?

i did but got no reply from them.
    but is this correct? i can only stay for 14 days. but if i told the immigration that i have a godfather that is currently inviting me to come to his place- will they allow me to stay in HK for at least 3 months? if so, would anyone here know if there are like supported documents needed to prove that it is such? like a relationship document perhaps?
    thanks

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/id78d.htm

Application for an Entry Permit to Visit the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) from Taiwan - One Entry (Visit more than 14 days)

how can i prolong my stay in HK for 6 months?

hi - so i already know that i can stay for a maximum of 14 days from my country to HK. here's my dilemma - if i have to find a job in HK, i need to at least be there for 6 months! problem is - how?
    can someone help me pls? to what conditions can a foreigner be permitted to stay up to 6 months by the immigration? or last 3 months...

The post above yours is a link to the application form for a visa longer than 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by stardust82:
    hi - so i already know that i can stay for a maximum of 14 days from my country to HK. here's my dilemma - if i have to find a job in HK, i need to at least be there for 6 months! problem is - how?
    can someone help me pls? to what conditions can a foreigner be permitted to stay up to 6 months by the immigration? or last 3 months...

You feel it will take you that long to find work? What kind of field are you trying to get in to and what qualifications do you hold?

uh maybe. i need to have back up plans. im currently in the networking field (call center) but i held a managerial position before for 2 years.
    huhuhu...i think im giving up hope,. i really really want to live in HK

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    The post above yours is a link to the application form for a visa longer than 14 days.
    thanks guys.i'll check it out

Oh and never ever tell immigration that you are looking for work whilst on a tourist visa. They will refuse to extend it for more than your 14 days for sure.

I found out the hard way last year where I effectively got booted back to U.K when my tourist visa was about to expire and I thought I'd do the honest thing rather than do a visa run.

Honesty is not always the best policy at times in these instances!

thanks but i'd figure that that would be the case.
    *sigh* im giving up HK. lucky for those of you who can stay for 3-6months. i will be dropping by in HK in march for 5 day vacation trip and thats all. hopefully, i can fit the interview-exam-or whatever in my schedule if some companies think im worth a shot. (fat chance)