Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PDLM

Visa Renewal in relation to passport expiration

Closed Thread

Visa Renewal in relation to passport expiration

Hi, wonder if i can get some guidance from experts here.

i am preparing my application for visa renewal as it will expire mid November 2010 when I realized that my passport expires 3rd Qtr of 2011. Last time, my work visa was renewed for 2 years. Am hoping that I will get another 2 years this time around. But then our admin told me that because my passport expires in less than 1 year, the duration of the visa that will be given to me will coincide with the expiration of my passport. Therefore it will only be less than 1 year. Is that true? Appreciate comments please. Thinking of renewing my passport first but it appears that it is going to take approx 20 working days which means can't be used in time for the visa renewal. tnx much.

I believe that what you were told is true, yes.

{duplicate - sorry}

Last edited by PDLM; 26-10-2010 at 08:06 PM.
    berne likes this.

Thanks! Appreciate your reply.

Depending on what nationality you are, you can get your new passport alot quicker than that. You might even need to pay a little more to get it quickly. But it might save you some pain later on (or indeed guarantee your stay in HK for a full two years), so could definitely be worth the extra effort.

Yes, that is absolutely true. In my case my HK dependent visa expired Oct 2010, my passport expires April 2011. I went to renew my visa and they only stamped it up until the last day of March 2011.