HK employment Visa for Singaporean

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HK employment Visa for Singaporean

hi all,

What's the validity period for the HK employment visa for Singaporeas? 3 months? 1 year?

The situation is the HK office is applying for the employment visa for me. Currently i'm working in Singapore parent company in Singapore.

Now also, is it necessary for me to go thru health screening or check-up before applying for the visa?

Nope - no health screening.

Employment visas are usually issued initially for 1 year and then renewed in 2 year increments. They are linked to the specific job so you can't change to another one without going through a whole new application.

no need health screening?

my company HR asked me to go for it!! gee, i hope the HR knows what is happening

and another thing, i was told by HR that my employment visa will be for 3 months first. is this possible?

No health screening is required by the Immigration Department, so it must be something your company is doing for themselves (perhaps associated with a health insurance programme or something). The only exception would be if you were coming to HK as a Foreign Domestic Helper - then a medical is required, but a Singaporean coming as an FDH would be very very unusual..

The Employment Visa would only be for a period shorter than 1 year if your employment contract itself were for a shorter period.

The Immigration Department has a very comprehensive website at http://www.immd.gov.hk

There's something not smelling right about all this.

Could it be that your insurance provider in HK needs a medical screening?

Definately not visa related.

Is it possible to apply for HK employment visa w/out securing a job in HK?

Hi,

I would like to work in HK.

I would like to ask, is it possible to apply for a HK employment visa when I have yet to secure a job in HK?

Also,
    I would like to check with you guys.. which of the following is more advisable?

1. To look for a job in HK when I am still in visitor visa OR
    2. To look for a HK job in Singapore... after I secured the job.... let the company help me to settle everything(hopefully including the visa)?

Btw, do I still need a sponsor after I successfully secure a job in HK?

Hope some one can help me. Thz alot.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamz:
    Hi,

I would like to work in HK.

I would like to ask, is it possible to apply for a HK employment visa when I have yet to secure a job in HK?

Also,
    I would like to check with you guys.. which of the following is more advisable?

1. To look for a job in HK when I am still in visitor visa OR
    2. To look for a HK job in Singapore... after I secured the job.... let the company help me to settle everything(hopefully including the visa)?

Btw, do I still need a sponsor after I successfully secure a job in HK?

Hope some one can help me. Thz alot.

No you can't apply for a work visa without an actual job offer and the company that wishes to hire you has to apply for one on your behalf.

option 2 is better and potentially less hassle, The hiring company is in fact your sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    No you can't apply for a work visa without an actual job offer and the company that wishes to hire you has to apply for one on your behalf.

option 2 is better and potentially less hassle, The hiring company is in fact your sponsor.
    thx alot.

any idea where can I find online HK jobs that are offered to overseas applicants too?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamz:
    thx alot.

any idea where can I find online HK jobs that are offered to overseas applicants too?
    depends on the industry you wish to work in first.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    depends on the industry you wish to work in first.

say marketing, management, advertising, events, public relations, business, commerce line?

do you know of any websites online that offer jobs to overseas applicants to work in HK?

thank you so much for your help.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast