How to identify a dependent visa?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to identify a dependent visa?

Hi all,

does anyone know how to identify a depentent visa? Or, how it looks like? For example, does it come with the title "dependent" written on it?

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers!

A dependant visa looks like a work visa but does say DEPENDANT at the bottom where it tells you how long you can stay for as apposed to EMPLOYMENT on the work visa.

Strange, my wife's just got one but it doesn't say anything, just " permission to stay extended until" and "previous conditions of stay are hereby varied". Her previous one was visitor. The new one doesn't include the title "visitor".

Btw, on the employment one that I have, the title (employment) is on the top, not the bottom, maybe they'd changed recently?

The immigration guy also told that she can apply for Smart ID, e-Channels, etc, etc. (no need to receive rubber stamps on the passport while leaving or entering HK during the period given).

Makes sense?
    Last edited by rick852; 20-01-2007 at 10:20 PM.

the 'extended until' is to fall in line with your visa (would be my guess anyway)

the 'conditions are hereby varied' means that she is no long a visitor and is allowed to remain in hk and to work. (a visitor is obviously not allowed to work)

Thanks! So, it's not necessary to have "DEPENDENT" written on it to be a dependent visa, right?

Cheers!
    Last edited by rick852; 20-01-2007 at 10:48 PM.

don't worry, immigration will know what it's doing....if she wants to work, it's not a problem.

if you are concerned, just call immigration or pop down and ask them, they'll straighten it out for you.

Thanks!!! I'll do that.

Cheers!

don't worry, my DV doesn't say 'dependent' either. It is just a grey sticky that says the same as yours.

I was under the impression that once you had your DV you were required to apply for a HKID card within 30 days. I wasn't aware that you had any choice about it.

my latest work visa is for 2 years but my dependant's are for 1 year. is that normal or someone made some mistake somewhere

Hi all,

so, my wife can work for any company she wants without the need to apply for a work visa like mine? That would be great!

Cheers!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast