Like Tree1Likes

Applying for RTL

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Yes - Permanent Residents of HK can apply for China visas up to 3 years in duration. See: Additional information

Quote Originally Posted by canadienne:
    She wouldn't be trying to get a HRP; instead, I was asking if she'd be able to get a multiple entry visa to China on her Canadian passport since she'd have a HK Permanent ID Card (even though it's only with RTL and ROA), and I've read elsewhere that people with HK Permanent ID Cards can get multiple entry visas to China.
    Bad typo - this should have said "since she'd have a HK Permanent ID Card (even though it's only with RTL and not ROA)".
    Last edited by canadienne; 11-12-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Hmmm. I'm not sure whether RTL meets the definition of "Permanent Resident" for the purposes of mainland visas. Anyone know?

I think with being a RTL holder it is quite a gray area of being a PR vs just a resident. From personal experience, I am a RTL holder and was not able to get a 3 year multiple entry visa, just 1 year.

But then being a RTL holder (regular resident) we can enter Macau with our ID cards which is usually for PR only. So like I said, gray area!

I have a friend that has RTL and she said she could only get a one year mainland visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairball:
    I have a friend that has RTL and she said she could only get a one year mainland visa.
    Was it a multiple entry visa?

Quote Originally Posted by canadienne:
    Was it a multiple entry visa?
    Yes I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairball:
    Yes I believe so.
    That's good to know; she'll be living in HK for a few months and she'll probably head up to China a few times, so it's good to know that she can get a multiple entry visa even with her Canadian passport.