Like Tree3Likes

Latest time took for VISA processing

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Latest time took for VISA processing

Hi all,

Trying to determine how long notice I need to give my existing employer.

Did anyone recently applied for standard employment VISA ? Is it taking a longer/shorter time than the 4weeks mentioned in some of Immi dept's documents ?

Cheers.

I´m waiting since ...AUGUST!!! I´m western European and my job application is pretty obvious. no idea, why it takes so long and what I should do...
    wish you more luck!

ouch! so bad ? wonder why ?
    for your case i think u shld just call them up and query why. no reason for such a long delay.
    my guess is it's officially around 6 wks. but i was hoping for year end surprise of like 2-3 (that was how long it gets for the last time i did my application)

In my experience they always meet or beat their timelines IF the applicant responds for requests for information within their time frames.

Quote Originally Posted by papaya:
    I´m waiting since ...AUGUST!!! I´m western European and my job application is pretty obvious. no idea, why it takes so long and what I should do...
    wish you more luck!
    What are we talking about here? New application or extension?

I filed in my extension back in Aug/Sep, nothing was heard since and I called them up a few weeks back. The officer was very friendly and told me 1. I shouldn't have dropped off the application without proper submission and 2. my due date is 31 dec so no need to hurry. Anyway he processed my application and I got it in 2 weeks.

Now I'm doing my NEW company's visa application, i.e. Company needs to apply for rights to hire me and then I have to apply to join that company. This process (the company's application) is expected to take long.

I'm not sure what's holding yours up but giving them a call will solve it

Freeier: I've jsut spoken to the officer and got detail instructions on how to go about changing jobs/visa. Let me know if thats what you are looking for
    Last edited by ycchai; 21-11-2010 at 05:21 PM.

My old working visa hes expired already and I´m applying for a new one. My new employer already prepared the employment agreement and we both gave ImmDep all information and documents required. after that ImmDep had some additional questions regardin my qualifications since the new job is kind of different from what I did before. So I sent them more proves and confirmations. Since than no more feedback.... I thought about calling them many times but most people warned me not to do that. obviously ImmDep doesnt like it. I´m kind of desperate since I really want this job and my new employer wants me and is waiting as well ...

Calling them is fine, HK immigration is very professional, just don't call them daily. Its just common sense that you are working on something and someone keeps chasing you for it you'll be pissed with them. If you have waited a week or two, give them a call. Also if you don't speak canto, getting someone who can do that from your new employer would help make the query easier

papaya likes this.

My renewal was quite speedy only taking five weeks including a request for additional information. I got the visa on Friday.

papaya likes this.

you are right. this waiting for a decision is driving me crazy.
    btw, what if they refuse my visa? is there any possibility to ask ImmF´Dep to reconcider in case of negative feedback? I´m pretty afraid that I have to leave HK!!!

if you find out early that they have refused at least you have time to file in appeal or something to that effect. Appeal would also mean you have to provide more evidence/support/reason why your current employer should hire you and not someone local. i.e. something that you could do that the Company needs and that they could not obtain/hire such person from the local market. And definitely not because your are cheaper for the company to hire。

FYI, my friend actually got a negative feedback the first time round and he resubmitted stating that the company deals with his home country, which was true, that is why he is required in the company

Last edited by ycchai; 22-11-2010 at 04:34 PM.
    papaya likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast