Transferring Student Visa from old passport to new passport

Closed Thread

Transferring Student Visa from old passport to new passport

Hi,

I'm going for my passport renewal tomorrow and I would like to ask how do I transfer my current student visa ( which is paste inside the current passport ) to my new passport? There is still about 3weeks before my student visa expires so I wonder if I should transfer this student visa over to the new passport or should I just leave it in the old passport first and wait for my new student visa and then paste it in my new passport?

sorry if there is any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by xianlism:
    should I just leave it in the old passport first and wait for my new student visa and then paste it in my new passport?
    This, assuming you will have both your new visa and your new passport before either of the old ones expires

erm.. i'll mostly be getting my new passport tomorrow.. my student visa will expire on 14th dec.. im thinking of renewing it around 1st dec? so should i transfer my current student visa over to my new passport first?

and also.. I just realise I had my dangling earrings on when i took the passport photos. is it allowed? will they close one eye on it?

No need to transfer the visa over. If you travel before then just carry the old passport with the visa as well as the new one.

As for passport photos the rules are different for every country, so you'd need to check with your consulate.

ok thanks for the info.. but mine is Malaysia passport photo.. any idea if my photos can be accepted ? >.<

The Malaysian Consulate website (which I provided you the link for previously) says simply:

2 pcs recent photo (3.5 cm X 5 cm / blue background)
    Given that I suspect you would be allowed to wear a headscarf I doubt that there would be a problem with ear-rings, but that's just gut-feeling.