visa for china/ HK id card holder query

Closed Thread

visa for china/ HK id card holder query

hello

i am a british (EU) passport holder with a hong ID residency card. I want to pop over to sheznhen for the weekend.

can someone tell me whether i can get a visa on arival or i need to goto the chinese embassy before?

they keep changing the rules. not sure if british passport holders can still get a visa at the border or not.

you do not need to go to an embassy(there is no embassy here as HK is part of china, would be like having a british embassy in london!)....you can go to any travel agent and they can arrange next day visas or even same day for an added cost.

Visa

Hi.
    I was there on Tuesday had no problem getting visa at the border. I went via Lu Wo station. It cost me hk450,im sorry i cant tell you how long it lasted as i only went for the day.
    Oh yes. i am british (UK) passport holder. Had a great day, the streets are so quiet,no one bumping into you when walking along.
    Was thinking where is everyone?? Then it dawned on me.... there all in Hong Kong. Hope you have a great weekend there.

Thinking of going to China as Easter.

I am a British Passport Holder and a Permanent HKID card holder with three stars. Do i need to get a visa or can I get some sort of re-entry permit for 10 years? I heard if you have three stars, you can get one of those.

Cheers,
    Rob