visa extention

Closed Thread

visa extention

Hi,

I am currently working in HK under a working visa, however I just accepted a new job offer. I have served my current employer with a 1 month notice.

My question is, do I have to wait until after that period for me to start processing the new visa under the new sponsor, or could I already start with the process while I serve my final month???

I appreciate the advice.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by vonx1:
    Hi,

I am currently working in HK under a working visa, however I just accepted a new job offer. I have served my current employer with a 1 month notice.

My question is, do I have to wait until after that period for me to start processing the new visa under the new sponsor, or could I already start with the process while I serve my final month???

I appreciate the advice.

Cheers!
    Hi Hi,

You can start your "new" visa application now. In fact in some cases you can simply inform the DOI that you want to vary the conditions of your current visa. One of the conditions being that you work for your past/ current employer. There is no fee for this method. Write to them and hand your letter in on the incoming mail desk on the 1st floor at the immigration tower. Get a time and date chop on your copy.

Cheers,
    Christian