Like Tree1Likes

ChinaVisa.in -- New Regulations for 1 year visa

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

that implies that people who don't have HK Visa's cannot get multiple visa's for China?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyaki:
    that implies that people who don't have HK Visa's cannot get multiple visa's for China?
    You normally have to apply for the visa in your country of residence, if you don't have a HK ID then you are not suppose to be resident of Hong Kong therefore you shouldn't be able to apply for the visa here.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    I managed to get a 2 year, unlimited entry, unlimited stay visa for the mainland through a company I use in Beijing, if anyone is interested, PM me. I will send you their details. It saved me the trouble of getting hassled of getting a visa every few years and since I was not limited in the duration of stay, it was great since I occassionally at times had to stay longer than 30 days.

No its not a local chinese company, its a WOFE owned by an American guy who is also selling VPN's to get around the great firewall of China among other things.
    Is this viable for folks who have working visas with expiry dates?

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    No it doesn't. Even with a resident permit you still have to line up at foreigner passport channel. E-channel only for those with return home permits registered to use e-Channel.
    If you hold a Home return permit, do you need to "pre-register" this to use the e-channel in say Beijing / Shanghai airport?

If I am not completely mistaken there is no e-channel or fast lane.
    You will have to queue up at the CHinese citizens lane

Quote Originally Posted by Beuze:
    You normally have to apply for the visa in your country of residence, if you don't have a HK ID then you are not suppose to be resident of Hong Kong therefore you shouldn't be able to apply for the visa here.
    In practice, the 90 day or 180 day immigration stamp that many people get when they arrive in Hong Kong means that they can still apply for a Chinese visa in Hong Kong. However, they are usually limited to a single or double entry, especially if they do not have previous Chinese visas.

Anyone here tried to renew there China VISA? I had an expired China 1 Year Visa which I got from the China Consulate in Wan Chai (which expired last June 2010) and I need to go to renew it again. Is just easier to renew, fill up the form and submit it with the colored photo?

Quote Originally Posted by longbeard:
    Anyone here tried to renew there China VISA? I had an expired China 1 Year Visa which I got from the China Consulate in Wan Chai (which expired last June 2010) and I need to go to renew it again. Is just easier to renew, fill up the form and submit it with the colored photo?
    You don't renew, you get a new visa. Generally it is pretty straightforward. Whether you will get another one year visa depends on several factors - your nationality; whether you have HKID / permanent residency; your past record of entering /exiting China. Also it is not a consulate, it is the Commissioners Office of China's Foreign Ministry.