Like Tree4Likes

QMAS GUIDANCE ..

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Oh dear. My faith in HK bureaucracy will be maintained if that one fails to meet the criteria for "Quality".

AIP and star-anise like this.

@PDLM

What u mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Goostah:
    I recently spoke to ImmD about the process and timing.

Yeah, the process is slow, they appear to have a backlog.

I lodged my application in early September 2010, received my refernce number by mail mid October. End of November I received the ImmD request for additional info which they received from me just before Christmas.

The process is that a case worker reviews your application and, if you tick all the boxes, prepares an application pack with your supporting data which is forwarded to the selection committee for approval. I expected my application to be reviewed in the next Committee meeting i.e. Febraury 2011. However, my case worker at ImmD said my application won't be included in the February 2011 round and I am slated for the Summer round (May/June 2011) - there are more applicants before me.

Hope that helps. And a word of advice for potential applicants, your evidence needs to be spot on covering your complete. Rightly so, ImmD won't make assumptions about your background or qualifications even if it should be patently obvious.
    Just got a call from my case officer on Thursday saying that all my supplementary info. has been received and it is all complete except for one document - my term deposit, eventhough the amount was more than IMMD's requirement is currently under my wife's name only and that is not sitting very well with the IMMD. They need it to be at the very least an account with a joint name. They asked if I could include my name on it. Due to the reason that my wife's bank account is sitting in New Zealand. Unless we physically present ourselves in front of the bank in NZ, we will not be able to change/add anything.

We then talked about other assets I have. We have bought a house in Australia last year and IMMD officer had advised me to use the un-mortgage portion (that is the portion we owned or the initial down payment). I told him the amount and he said it is already way way over their min. requirement. So I went home after work and scanned all the docs in lowest possible file size while maintaining 200-300dpi resolution for clarity.

I call my case officer today and he is very happy with my submitted docs and he revealed the reason he wanted to rush me into preparing the docs was that he is hoping to include me into the next selection committee meeting, which is in late May 2011. Conversation between us was in Cantonese and according to him, it looks very positive but then again it is all up to the selection committee.

I am thinking the next hurdle will be at the selection committee meeting, which has the final say - yay or nay. Anyhoo, I shall find out end of May 2011 - the date for the 19th selection exercise.

Good Luck to all of you out there who are in this selection exercise!
    Last edited by star-anise; 15-04-2011 at 09:16 PM.