trouble with visa

Closed Thread

trouble with visa

I just switched to a new job and i'm applying for a change of employment with the immigration... but to my surprise i'm running into some trouble...

they are asking my employers for information on each staff's position and salary etc. and my employer's not very keen on giving this information out.. plus my position is very junior so there is every reason for my employer to not care much you know.

Does anyone have any insight on these things? What if my employer is unable to provide 100% of the information requested.. maybe 90% ..like maybe they provide a staff list without the salary.. etc.

And how rigid is the immigration? Is there any ground to speak with the officers and explain things.... ??

this job is pretty important to me so i really do wish things work out smoothly

One obvious point. Don't give immigration any indication that you might have started working for your potential new employer. If you do and they get wind of it you are likely to be out pretty quickly. You can only start work after ImmD has approved the transfer.

In my experience, if you give them 110% of what they ask for then everything goes smoothly, but if you can't give them something you'll need to have a pretty good excuse if you want the application to move forward.

Why is your company so against giving information about salary and positions to the Government? (I mean don't they send it to the Government tax dept. anyways?) Sounds a little fishy to me. Might be better to look for a similar job with another company.

BTW it is normal for Immigration to want to know A LOT of details about a company before approving a visa. Financial is extremely important. Consider it a good sign they are asking the company questions. It's when they are asking about YOU and your experience you need to worry. But, when they are checking on a company, it is for your benefit. If for some reason they deny you, it is most likely because your company is not proving enough to immigration or they can't afford you.

Quote Originally Posted by gawdchyld:
    they are asking my employers for information on each staff's position and salary etc.
    I never provide current staff's position or salary to the Immigration Dept. I do provide the total headcount of local vs visa-holding staff by category in the form.

It is crucial to provide audited accounts in order to prove that the company is financially sound.

Good luck!