Applying for a Dependent Visa

Closed Thread

Applying for a Dependent Visa

Hello ,

I hope somebody here can give me a few tips on how to apply for a dependant Visa.
    First of all, I have a Permanent ID card. My husband and I want to move to HK soon. I don't have an apartment there yet, since I'm still in Germany, but my parents live in HK. We've planned to stay with them until we find a nice place. So can I tell the Immigration Department that we'll first be living with my parents?
    Also, I intend to look for a job in HK once I'm there.
    Even if I don't find something in my field immediately I'll just be a waitress for a while.
    Is this all going to be a problem? I understand that I, as the sponsor of my husband need to prove that I can fully support him in HK. But I have no savings and neither does he.

And another question: Do you have any tips how we can proove that our marriage is not fake? We have pictures from family birthdays with his and my parents and pictures from us on different holidays, but they aren't dated. We've never written each other letters only emails. Also our wedding wasn't a big ceremony in a curch, just us and our parents basicially.
    Alright , I hope some of you can help me, thanks in advance
    eva

Quote Originally Posted by eva:

And another question: Do you have any tips how we can proove that our marriage is not fake?
    What about a marriage certificate? If its in German you should get it translated and notarized.

Thanks for your reply.
    We have an international marriage certificate. It's in several languages including english. I hope that will be sufficient.
    In addition to that it says on the form, that you need to send them fotos and letters aswell.