visa for my partner

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

visa for my partner

guys, I'm planning to move back to HK this July and want to bring my partner with me. he's indonesian-chinese with greencard. i have HK citizenship (HKID). but i don't think being 'domestic partner' means shit in HK (not in U.S. either i guess...) what do you think is the best way for him to be able to stay in HK legally (even not to work - just to live)?? Right now he needs to leave HK every month and re-enter - wondering are there colleges / schools that can earn him a student visa or something? any insider tip would be great...

You are not eliglble for a dependant visa being partners sadly. Your partner may be eligible for a study visa if they apply and get accepted to some universities. It may be better for them however to try and get a work visa by finding employment they are skilled at.

Leaving every month is not going to work long with an Indonesian passport.

yup agreed with chigger, he might be able to do the visa run once or twice and thats it.

Job is the way to go or a student visa but thats going to take a while as of course it needs to be a good course and that doesn't come cheap and the universities etc have to do the necessary paperwork for his application.

Can I or my parents (living in HK) sponsor his residence? Any other way so he can live (not really work, just live) in HK?

Quote Originally Posted by goleoboy:
    Can I or my parents (living in HK) sponsor his residence? Any other way so he can live (not really work, just live) in HK?
    He will need to get a job that qualifies him for an employment visa. Sorry, but I wish you good luck.

As per to what chigger said

Only options are as follows

Work Visa

Student Visa on an approved course.

Wonder if he can apply and use an APEC card to come in and out and position as if he's working internationally... since he's in the travel business anyways. just thinking creative ways - since it's hard for find a sponsored job all the way from U.S. :-P Will look into the schools but to be honest... we're both business people, not really into going back to 'school' :-)

Not schools per se as that won't be enough to secure a student visa, I'm on about uni and doing a masters or an advanced diploma etc

creative ways i.e non legal?

Cool

yep, 'creative' ;-) i know this is tacky, has anyone 'married' for visa before. i may have friends (female) in HK who may be willing to get married. :-) don't you agree the APEC Card idea is somewhat doable?? :-)

What about begging Parents real hard to come to HKG and invest and thus u can have the dependecy pass?

Unsure but maybe it works for whoever interested?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast