Limit of stay 7 years

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Limit of stay 7 years

Hi

would anybody be so kind to help me.

1-my husband works here and we have depenant visa ( both non Chinese) my baby born just last month, I would like to know what is the max limit for him to stay outside of HongKong in order to furnished his limit of stay.

2- If later years we dont have dependant visa then what would be condition for him to limit of stay in Hong Kong.

Thanks an advance.

If you don't have a visa you cannot stay unless you are a PR, which takes 7 years of continuous residency, unless either of you is a DH, in which case you never get it.

I would be on the case registering your baby with your home consulates. Some expats do have problems making sure that their children are citizens of their home countries!

Thanks Mov N Fth, for your reply... I searched some more on web and trying to find more details

Last edited by Floral; 24-02-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Assuming your husband has an employment visa and you have a dependant visa you will need to apply for a dependant visa for your baby. After 7 years of continuous residence the child would be eligible for PR, continuous residency meaning that Hong Kong is the child's primary place of residence. This would last until they were 18.

If you are living outside of Hong Kong then immigration would know that HK is not the primary place of residence. If you leave Hong Kong with your child and you don't have dependant visa then the condition would be that you and your child re-enter HK as tourists.

what is the definition of continous, are vacations allowed?

What about visits to the mainland?

Would be pretty crazy if you are not allowed to leave the country,

Read above - means primary place of residence.

duh! of course holidays are allowed! when you go on holiday you are NOT RESIDING in the place you are visiting, even if that place was once your home.

I ask this because i have RTL, and i frequently travel to China. My job is also as an "independent contractor" where i make commissions and no salary.

I just want to know how to prove after 7 years that i was residing in Hong Kong, with all the extensive travelling.

Do you rent somewhere in HK? Have utility bills etc?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast