Like Tree1Likes

HK/PRC/Macau visa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Arjan
    Hi All,

An update. I am in HK, have applied for an ID card (which I can pick up in a week or so). Yesterday somebody told me that it is also possible to get a 24h visa for Shenzhen only.
    Is this possible? And if so, do I need an ID card for that, or is a (Dutch) passport sufficient? Will it influence my chance on getting a multiple entry visa?

Cheers!
    There is a visa for the Shenzhen SEZ only that you may get at Lo Wu or Huang Gong ports. It take about 10 minutes to get and for Dutch it is RMB160 valid for entry for maximum 5 days. The issue with this visa is the regulations frequently change, so it's a lot better to get a visa before going if you can.

The charge can be (I am not sure) higher for Dutch passports. I know they have been on the list, but may be removed. So carry a bit more (say 500 RMB) just to be safe. Other currencies are not accepted.

As promised, again, and update on getting a PRC visa when having a HKID:
    1. For first time tourist visa applicants the best you can get is a double entry visa valid for 6 months
    2. Costs are for Dutch passport holders (it differs per nationality) 220 HK$.
    3. Make sure you have some time when applying, the lines are long. (I went at the end of the day and still had 80 people waiting before me)
    4. Second time applicants might get a multiple entry visa. As soon as I tried that, I'll update again.

Cheers & Good Luck

Although much overdue, still a last update.
    Had no problem applying and getting a multiple entry visa for a half year. Costs: HK$ 400. (Dutch passport holder)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2