Questions on switching jobs (Updated)

Closed Thread

Questions on switching jobs (Updated)

Hi everyone, regarding the case of my Singaporean friend. Now the situation is as follow. May you please kindly give me some advise? Thanks a lot!

Another company offer him a HR consultant job (which is same as the job he was granted for the HK employment visa before, but different from his past career background), same salary and benefits. Now the question is, he had just worked for the previous company for 1 week then quit the job because of the unbearable working environment. Will this affect him on applying "change of sponsor" (get the permit of switching job)?

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by nw24881:
    Hi everyone, regarding the case of my Singaporean friend. Now the situation is as follow. May you please kindly give me some advise? Thanks a lot!

Another company offer him a HR consultant job (which is same as the job he was granted for the HK employment visa before, but different from his past career background), same salary and benefits. Now the question is, he had just worked for the previous company for 1 week then quit the job because of the unbearable working environment. Will this affect him on applying "change of sponsor" (get the permit of switching job)?

Thanks a lot!
    1 week? I'm surprised it didn't affect him getting another job.

Yes. It's a bit complicated but he get another job anyway. Would it be an obstacle on being granted the permit to switch the job anyway?

I doubt it--as you say it is the same basic job.

That means it will somehow affecting his application?

??????????

I was in a similar situation before. I only lasted a month in my new job because of unbearable environment. According to the immigration dept, it doesn't matter. your visa still won't get cancelled and all you have to do is just submit the new application.