What do I hand over to Immigration

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do I hand over to Immigration

Stupid question I know but I'm leaving HK on Monday for a while.

I arrived on a U.K passport and since I got here I now have HK I.D, So what do I actually hand over when I get to the airport?

My passport does have the sticker which says no restriction on stay, If that makes any difference.

You use your HKID to go through the e-channel.

Cheers PDLM.

I would go through the passport channels to avoid questions from any governments of other countries you may visit.

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:
    I would go through the passport channels to avoid questions from any governments of other countries you may visit.
    Er, What? Why? If you have unconditional stay in HK then Immigration won't mark your passport anyway.

Jimbo arrived as a tourist. So he should exit as one unless his passport entry was voided.

When I got my work visa I had to leave the country via visitor channels and enter via resident. Why? Because they want you to have the passport in your stamp confirming you are not a tourist anymore.

I am not too worried about it for HK or UK. More like if he went to go in to another country it could be questioned. Nothing wrong with going out with HKID. But, I feel best to go with passport.

But the thing is the vistor chanel at the aiport is just too long and boring....

Especially if u go shenzhen or macau... the best is that ID card....

But if i need to be out of China, I would love my passport to collect little cute stamps...lolx

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaM:
    But the thing is the vistor chanel at the aiport is just too long and boring....

Especially if u go shenzhen or macau... the best is that ID card....

But if i need to be out of China, I would love my passport to collect little cute stamps...lolx
    Would rather wait 10 minutes in a lineup now than be delayed for 4-5 hours when I went to a country like Italy or something.

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:
    Because they want you to have the passport in your stamp confirming you are not a tourist anymore.
    The OP stated that he had a sticker in his passport removing the previous conditions of stay.

And in any case, I have travelled internationally many hundreds of times and no immigration officer anywhere has ever looked for a stamp from where I have have come from. The only stamps they have ever been interested in are previous stamps for the same country (presumably to cross-check what is showing on their screen as previous visits), and, in one case when re-entering the UK in a very scruffy looking Land Rover having driven through the snow from Moscow about the fact that I had an Algerian visa in my passport.

Usually my neighbour's gf which comes in gets asked questions like what are you doing in Hongkong etc etc....

So I guess the Immigration simply love asking questions....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast