Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PDLM

Work Visa - Employment Reference Letters

Closed Thread

Work Visa - Employment Reference Letters

Hi guys - I'm in the process of gathering the supporting docs for my visa application (recently accepted a job offer with a large MNC in HK), just wondering if it is absolutely critical to gather employment reference letters from all my previous jobs? I only have one reference letter confirming my 5+ year employment with a large global bank. Two other jobs were more short-term, the most recent one being less than a year. Obviously I'd prefer to submit my visa application asap without waiting for other reference letters to come through...but if this might present an issue with immd, I'd rather get it right the first time.

It would be great if any of you could shed some light on this front. Thanks!

I'd say get the application in anyway. The fact that the job here is for a well known MNC will help: ImmD will assume that they have done due diligence. I suspect the references are more important when the sponsor is not well-known to ImmD, and particularly if it is a small company. If ImmD really needs the references they'll let you know. Attaching copies of your employment contracts with those companies couldn't harm the application.

Last edited by PDLM; 12-03-2011 at 03:25 PM.
    peace921 likes this.

Thanks PDLM! Highly appreciate your valuable insights!!!

Hi Everyone, I'm currently going thru the process also, would be very much appreciate if anyone could advice me on the contains of the reference letter.

e.g
    1. Company Name
    2. Employment period
    3. Job Title
    4.?

Quote Originally Posted by chickenwing:
    Hi Everyone, I'm currently going thru the process also, would be very much appreciate if anyone could advice me on the contains of the reference letter.

e.g
    1. Company Name
    2. Employment period
    3. Job Title
    4.?
    Generally, besides confirming the employment period and job title, some reference letters may also state your salary. More importantly, the reference letter should be issued on a company letterhead and sign by an authorized representative (some firms in HK may also endorse it with a company chop).