Visitor Visa for my bf

Closed Thread

Visitor Visa for my bf

Hi all,

I am a HK permanent resident and my boyfriend is a Pakistani living in China. I applied for a visit visa for him and we planned to get married in HK after he got the visit visa.

I have previously applied for a visit visa for my Indian friend twice and I got him a visit visa to stay for two months twice successfully. So, I supposed there will be no problem to get my bf a visit visa too.

However, his application was surprisingly rejected by the Immigration Department due to unknown reason. I just can't figure out the reasons for the rejection. I guess the IMMD is not satisfied because:

1) he's a Pakistani (which is considered dangerous?!)

2) he couldn't give any employment proof (as he's doing business in China and he didn't ask for any "leave letter" from his previous employer in HK)?

3) he didn't provide his address in China but the one in Pakistan?

My question is, I want to get married with him in HK but he can't even come here with a visitor visa. So, I want to know if there's other ways to get him here? I also want to try to apply for a visa for him again but I'm not sure if his application will be approved or rejected again if I do it after a short period of time.

Any advices or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

P.S. I have done the research on this forum and can't find any similar case.

Did you show ImmD your marriage plans (or even tell them that you planned to get married)?

Just out of curiosity, did you marry your Indian friend previously?

it is safe to say that visa requirements don't get more basic than a tourist visit. How about trying again, make it clear your marriage plans and find more proof of his employment and give his proper Chinese address? If needed also meet with IMMD and let them know what is going on. (Coming to get married) If you have made plans such as bookings etc bring that proof.

Hi PDLM & HKChigger,

Thanks for your reply.
    I didn't marry my Indian friend previously but I sponsored him to get a visit visa twice. The second application only took two weeks to be approved.

As for my bf's case, I didn't mention anything about our marriage plan because I thought it's not a convincing reason to get him a visa. (maybe I'm wrong to think like that...)

I called the IMMD hotline this morning and asked if I could re-apply for his visa again immediately after his previous application was rejected. The officer said I may try again.

I know that I'll need to provide sufficient documents to IMMD if I am going to re-apply a visa for him. Any other suggestions or experiences would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!

Cheers,
    Susan