I want to enter master course in hk but am still in working holiday scheme

Closed Thread

Question I want to enter master course in hk but am still in working holiday scheme

I am still in working holiday scheme (valid until jan 2012), but now I decide to enter a master course, it start in september which means the working holiday visa still in used.

What should I do? Can I, like, tell immigration office to cancel the working holiday visa to change to student visa or any advice?? Thanks!!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Brush up on your research skills first.

From the ImmD website:

"Participants from Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, the Republic of Korea and New Zealand may also enrol in study or training course(s) during their visit (Note 2, Annex).

Note 2

Number of study or training courses allowed:
    Australian citizens - any number (course duration of not more than 3 months)
    Canadian citizens - any number (cumulative duration of courses not more than 6 months)
    German citizens - one only (course duration of not more than 6 months)
    Irish citizens - not allowed
    Japanese citizens - one only (course duration of not more than 6 months)
    Korean citizens - one only (course duration of not more than 6 months)
    New Zealand citizens - one only (course duration of not more than 3 months)"

So you will need to apply for a student visa.

I am sorry that I didn't expain clear what my concern it. I know that doing a master course will need to apply a student visa.

I concern that, if my working holiday visa is still valid, would Immd approve my student visa application? like, they won't approve student visa when my working holiday visa is still in used?

Don't worry, just apply for the student visa like you normally would.

thanks guys for the answers :)

thanks guys for the answers