Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By PDLM

Work Visa Renewal clarification.

Closed Thread

Work Visa Renewal clarification.

Is there a minimum time frame before which one should apply for work visa renewal? or is couple of days before expiry more than enough?

Best do it 4-6 weeks before. It depends on your employer, if it is a small company, I would give it longer.

You can only apply within the 4 weeks before expiry. But you can do it online. Details here: GovHK: Online Application for Extension of Stay

so if within 4 weeks, what happens if it doesnt get approved within the time frame of expiry? would applying just days before be a bad idea?

If you apply at 3-4 weeks then it will be approved. Why are you trying to make this more difficult than it needs to be?

pudcat and Football16 like this.

When I look at the online stay-extention application form, for IANG, they only need to see the 'employment contract stating your position, remuneration and duration of your employment contract' , but the ImmD website states that to extend working visa they need the employer to fill a form (ID990B) explaining why they employ the applicant not a local, and other supporting document stating the emploers financial status etc. - it looks harder. so which one do they need - only the employment contract ? or, the form ID990B and other supporting file about the company?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    If you apply at 3-4 weeks then it will be approved. Why are you trying to make this more difficult than it needs to be?
    I am doing this at the moment and you can't apply online for some reason. When I spoke with Immigration today they said you couldn't apply under 4 weeks which contradicts their website information. They might not have understood what I was talking about.

OP, I have Form ID91 which states you need all the information you have already stated. In other words you need form ID990B and the letter and the contract! You might as well have all.

For me I have all forms required plus HKID, passport, letter from employer and contract!

I'm going in tomorrow to get this all finalise (I hope).

I did mine online recently. There is no need to go in person. Just scan all the forms as JPG files and upload them using the online site. Then when you pickup visa a few weeks later, you bring the originals with you.

You do not need form 990. Only ID91 and a letter from your company to say you are still employed and your current salary. You do NOT need to explain again why a local cannot do your job.