Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

husband

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendJay:
    I know the definition of wife is:

Washing
    Ironing
    Folding
    Etc...
    and husband equates to "ATM machine", driver, handyman, insulator/blanket (during winter), etc...

you forgot "early retirement plan"

I wish I had hair to put curlers in. This male pattern baldness is a right bummer. Might even drive me to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by SK65:
    I wish I had hair to put curlers in. This male pattern baldness is a right bummer. Might even drive me to drink.
    You need an excuse to be driven to drink?

ReverendJay,
    That's a bit sexist.
    That's my description you have written there and I am most definately the husband. I am here with my wife who is working.
    There are some very narrow minded or just very out of date people on this forum.
    And to correct you further you forgot cooking. I do plenty of that too.
    You forgot moaning and being opinionated........is it your time of the month or do you just have a headache?

I have a headache now, didn't before.
    Have you lot got nowt better to do or are you all at a loose end like me?

Just killing time till the tumble dryers done it's stuff then put the dinner on for Wifey

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:

Long answer, it is possible to get an extended tourist visa arranged for partners that are in a nationally recognized defacto relationship as per an official letter from thy country's consulate, unless China is your country, which then, negates all recognition of anything but "Married" couples, with the purpose of dependence...

I know the above because one of my Aussie mates working on a HK work visa, managed to allow his partner to stay in HK for extended periods of time, ( 12 Month extended stay Visa ), but it took a year of back and forth, bureaucratic paper shuffling.

Still can't work in Hong Kong etc, but for the purpose of keeping a couple together, it's fine....

Last edited by Skyhook; 28-01-2009 at 07:31 AM.
    Also applies as many regulars may recall to same sex couples as well.

I have a headache now, didn't before.
    Have a look at how many times many of us have posted or how many times we post a day. We're Geoexpat junkies...I'm quite sure I should/could/would be doing something constructive if I wasn't sitting here Please don't take it personally!!!

thank you everyone for your advise! thank u very very much!!

I checked the eligibility for dependant visa many times, and it seems like there only says "spouse" whereas there are specific requirements for "children" and "parents" e.g. parents need to be over the age of 70.

I looked into the Immigration Ordinance...seems like there is no formal definition of "spouse" in official immigration documents/law. Am I wrong? Does anyone know where I can find the legal definition for "spouse"? =(

My frds are from England and they are homosexual partners. Their relationship is recognized under the Civil Partnership Act and one of them tried to apply for the dependant visa and got rejected on the gound that he is not his "spouse". They are comtemplating proceedings right now.... slim chance, eh?