Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PDLM

work visa for someone that just got to hk on a 90 day stay

Closed Thread
  1. #1

    Red face work visa for someone that just got to hk on a 90 day stay

    I just arrived in hk from canada. no work permit, just a 90 day stay. I like to transform it into a work visa.
    I found a company job at jobsdb that needed someone speaking Korean. Is there a chance ?
    What are my chances that employers sponsor me for a work visa ? Where can I find job offers, that gives work visa ? Is that hard ?

    e.g. jobsdb ? Do most jobs there sponsor a work visad z?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hong Kong

    You can only get an Employment Visa if you have skills or experience which cannot easily be found amongst permanent residents. If you speak Korean then that might be a sufficient skill if the company needs a Korean translator or similar. If you are Canadian and aged under 30 then you also have the option of getting a Working Holiday Visa, which is not linked to any specific job and allows you to do casual work for a year, during which time you can network and hopefully find something permanent that would be eligible for an Employment Visa.

    erwuntan likes this.