getting a visa

Closed Thread

getting a visa

do i have to make an appointment to get a visa and where do i get a visa in hk with a usa passport

What type of visa is the obvious first question.

What sort of visa and to where?

appointment

do i have to make an appointment to get a china visa . i have a hk id and a us passport. can i get the visa the same day. where do i apply and get the visa. what do i need to bring.

visa

its a china visa by the way

There are about a thousand threads on here with all the answers to your questions. Try the search function at the top right. For example, typing China Visa I get pages of hits - this one seems to have all the info you need in it. http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/54/thread84771.html

No, you cannot get it in one day.

if it is your first time to China the Chinese embassy might tell you to apply in your home country. it happened to a buddy of mine. he was refused by the embassy and CTS.

1) For a start fill in the application form from the Chinese Consulate website in HK.
    2) Photographs
    3) Photocopies - might be required
    4) Itinerary - maybe useful
    5) Supporting evidence such as employment or spouse's employment (if your a dependent)
    6) Line up at the consulate in Wanchai avoid Mondays. timings and charges are on the website

Normal processing time is 4 days could be sooner if you pay for urgent.

Pretty basic stuff really,