Changing UK (BNO) Passport to FULL UK PASSPORT Help, Info, Procedure required

Closed Thread

Smile Changing UK (BNO) Passport to FULL UK PASSPORT Help, Info, Procedure required

Hi all,

I am born in HK in 1991 , i have a HK PR and a UK (BNO) Passport , got no other nationality
    i want to change it to Full UK Passport, i know some people who did it but unfortunately they are not very helpful at guiding me, i would appreciate all kind of help,info and guidance from the forum.

Thanks in Advance

If you meet the requirements here: UK Border Agency | Can I register as a British citizen under the British Nationality (Hong Kong) Act 1997?

Then the process for registering as a British Citizen is explained here: UK Border Agency | How do I register as a British citizen under the British Nationality (Hong Kong) Act 1997?

The Guidance document is available here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...y/guide_em.pdf

The form you need is completed online then printed out. You will need to pay an application fee of £580 using a credit card.

Smile 1 confusion

Hi, very good info , just wanted to confirm one little thing, do i have to be over 21years of age or i can just apply it now? as some ppl who did it said to me u have to be 21 to change

Thanks

Since the first link includes the phrase "If the applicant is a child born on or after 4 February 1997" then clearly you don't need to be over 21.

Eddie, this may apply to you:

If you became a British national through your Hong Kong connections but are ethnically Chinese, you may be considered a Chinese national under Chinese nationality rules. You should contact the immigration department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for advice before you make your application.

Help here pls

Hey did you apply it yet? I am also looking forward to apply it