HK visitor visa

Closed Thread

Question HK visitor visa

I'm a Russian national currently working in Shenzhen, Mainland China. I know I need a visa to enter HK, even if it's just for a day or two. But my current visitor visa has expired and the Russian consulate in HK claim I should go as far as Beijing to get a new short-term visa!! Which is mad but then I found out that the same visa could be obtained in Makao. Although they didn't give me any details, such as a telephone number I could call or an email address I could use. What would be the name of the authority issuing visas to HK in Makao? I can't believe that I can't visit HK because the only place where I can get a new visa is allegedly Beijing. It's so unbelievable, especially when the process of getting a visa in Moscow was so simple and straighforward, they didn't even ask for my photo or an invitation to HK! I really can't understand why it should be so different here....
    I know that this forum is for Hong Kong, rather than Makao expats but maybe someone can give me some info on this subject as it's really important for me. I couldn't possibly travel to Beijing and back to Shenzhen every month...Thanks in advance.
    Victoria

Can't you just add the cost of going to Beijing to the price you charge your clients here?

What a clever retort. Surely you don't think you are being original?
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Though perhaps you're right: EF English First IS the most expensive language school in China and they DO charge their clients a lot. All the same I couldn't sacrifce all of my paid holidays for Beijing every month. I've only got 10. And the teachers are not THAT well-paid.

Vic78

I have similar situation. Am crossing border from Shenzhen to HK and I need visa, going to Beijing is an added costs and that is absurd.
    Did you get visa to HK from Macau ?