SCL on Tourist Visa Stamp

Closed Thread

SCL on Tourist Visa Stamp

Hi

My girlfriend recently tried to extend her 30 day tourist visa for another month by making a 1 day trip to China. On returning to HK, the HK immigration officer only extended her tourist visa for 7 days and wrote the letters "SCL" below the visa stamp inside her passport.

Does anyone know what SCL means and if it is something to worry about ?

Thanks and Regards

Emigra

hello

It means that the immigration department is aware that your girlfriend frequently going in and out of Hong Kong and because of that she has not been granted the usual amount of dates usually available in Hong Kong.

As this activity has now been recorded your girlfriend will be monitored.

What is your current plan in Hong Kong?

Immigration

Hello there,

I would suggest you to go direct to the immigration visa extension section when you need to have an extension. Given that you have a fairly good reason to extend your stay in Hong Kong.

If you could prove the visa officer of your genuine reason, you may ask for a much longer extension, finally be given to you.

But you may not be able to repeat this again and again unless with a good reason.

Good Luck!

Many thanks for the advice.

My girlfriend has now returned to her home country. I plan to go there soon and bring her back to HK to stay with me. If she only gets a 7 day visa again, then I'll go to the Immigration dept and see about obtaining an extension.

Thanks and Regards