Like Tree5Likes

Rejected China Visa Application

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    on a more serious ( side ) note, do you have HKPIDC or how did you manage to get 3 x 12 months visa ?
    If the answer is yes, I believe you could have applied for one 3 year visa on your second application.
    What's HKPIDC? I guess if I have to ask this, I probably dont have it.

Sorry, my first visa was 6 months, then 12, 12. This is my 4th application. There's nothing strange about this is there? I have a HKID and been in HK on employment visa for about 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by packy_crusher:
    Why don't you just go to your country's passport office and add some pages. Its free for Americans and Brits.
    Yep, this is what I will do and then apply for China again. Actually, being Aussie I can not add pages. Just need to apply for a whole new passport. I'll get the larger 64 pages this time My current one still has 5 years left but full already. Well, still 4 pages left but thats not good enough for China for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    My friend and I went to the visa office last week. Both Permanent ID card holder. He got a double entry as he had a new passport with only one China visa stamp in it because he hadn't had time to go to the visa office last time and just got a quickie in Shenzhen and I got one year multiple entry. The last time, they only gave me 6 months as I also had a new passport.

Both of us have had multiple entry visas in the past... That's just the way it goes. You can always try on a different day if you have time to waste.
    Permanent Residents can get a 3 year Multiple Visa, I know the option is not mentioned on the form but when they see previous one years visa they will give it to you or will ask whether you want a 3 year multiple.

Quote Originally Posted by bak875:
    Permanent Residents can get a 3 year Multiple Visa, I know the option is not mentioned on the form but when they see previous one years visa they will give it to you or will ask whether you want a 3 year multiple.
    yes, but I would like to add that we talk about previous 1 year tourist visa.
    I had a working visa and still could only get a 1 year tourist on my first application for tourist visa.

HKPIDC = Hong Kong Permanent ID Card

I've asked twice and the answer was no both times...

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    many countries don't offer that kind of service.
    The US costs US$80 now

Angry

OH yeah. That makes since to charge American overseas residents $80 for more pages since they don't pay US taxes....wait a minute...they do pay US taxes. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by packy_crusher:
    Why don't you just go to your country's passport office and add some pages. Its free for Americans and Brits.
    You can't add pages to a British passport.

Not any more. As always it's at the discretion of......

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast